Welcome to Coolum OSHC!
We have been offering high quality care for children before school, after school and during school holidays since 1990, and we are proudly
owned and operated by the Coolum State School’s P & C Association. Our active and engaging care programs run from Monday to Friday and are for all school-aged children.
The School P&C Association is the sponsor body for the service. The Association discusses issues such as Policy, Programming and other management issues as they arise. It provides a way for parents to be involved in the service.
Coolum State School P&C Association
Coolum Outside School Hours Care & Vacation Care
“We strive to provide a quality service which meets the physical, social and emotional needs of all children. We offer a safe, caring, home-like environment, and acknowledge the importance of learning through play in childhood development.”
- To treat each child with respect and acknowledge them as an individual.
- To provide each child with a safe, secure and comfortable home-like environment.
- To provide an educational program, developed in collaboration with the children, which provides each child a range of interesting and engaging learning experiences.
- To foster creativity, curiosity, cooperation, confidence and imagination, through play-based learning experiences.
- To provide each child with opportunities which challenge them and allow them opportunities to succeed.
- To cultivate an interest in the outside world and for each child to develop a social conscience and become active and informed citizens.
- To be inclusive and actively value and acknowledge the diversity of families of the Service and local community.
- To encourage mutual trust in caring relationships with the children, their families and staff.
- To regularly reflect on and evaluate all issues relevant to the operation of the centre and use these reflections, observations and evaluations to improve the Service.
Coolum OSHC cares for all children of school age. If you wish your Prep child to attend, they must be enrolled in Prep and have attended their first day of school.
Please read the Parent Handbook for more information about our services and policies.
To successfully enroll your child, you must return:
- A fully completed Enrolment Form (one per child)
- A Direct Debit form for account payment (one per family)
- Any required Medical Management Forms.
- A copy of any court orders, if applicable.
- A copy of your child’s Immunisation Record.
FORMS to download:
Q: What types of bookings can I have for Before & After School Care?
You have the option of having permanent bookings or casual bookings, or a combination of both. If you choose to book on a casual basis, we ask that you phone us as early as possible. This ensures that we stay within our child to educator ratios and our licensed capacity.
Q: What happens with Vacation Care?
Vacation Care bookings are taken on a separate booking form. The program for each vacation care period is released about four weeks before the holidays begin. All permanent before and after school care booking are suspended for this period and recommence at the start of the next term.
Q: What if I need to cancel a booking casually?
If you have a permanent booking, you may make a cancellation without losing your permanent place.
All cancellations must be made before 6pm Friday the week prior to the care being required. Cancellations made after this cut-off time will incur the session fee.
The Australia Government Priority of Access Guidelines set out the following three levels of priority when filling vacant places.
- Priority 1 – a child at risk of serious abuse or neglect.
- Priority 2 – a child of a single parent who satisfies, or of parents who both satisfy, the work/training/study test under section 14 of the A New Tax System (Family Assistance) Act 1999.
- Priority 3 – any other child.
When the centre has no vacant places and is providing child care for a child who is a Priority 3 under the Priority of Access Guidelines, we may require that child to leave the service in order for the service to provide a place for a higher priority child.
We will give 14 days’ notice if a child is required to leave the service to provide a place for another child.
- Coolum Outside School Hours Care Handbook
- Department of Human Services – www.humanservices.gov.au
- ACECQA – Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority – www.acecqa.gov.au
- Videos and Translated Resources for Families – http://www.acecqa.gov.au/families/videos-and-translated-resources-for-families
- National Quality Standard – http://www.acecqa.gov.au/the-national-quality-standard